Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chao! Off to San Diego!

I am off to San Diego in a few hours, and boy am I excited! Since moving to rural Indiana last winter I haven't had the chance to get out and go anywhere that didn't involve seeing cows or cornfields. I am so happy to be going to a place with a downtown and with big buildings! I am also excited of course to dig through boxes of comic books at the convention!

If you are going and have a chance to stop by to say hi, I will be spending most of my time in the Small Press area at booth P15. Friday at 11:30am I will be part of a panel in room 30AB discussing the implications of college education on careers in the comic book industry. I will also be presenting on Saturday as part of the Comic Arts Conference at 2:30pm to 3:30pm in room 30AB again. So, if you are in San Diego drop by! I will try to do a mid-convention posting if I am able to, but if not, I will be back later next week!

Isn't this a nice little DC House Ad from 1973 by the way? I will be sure to follow its advice and buy DC love magazines... and Marvel, and Charlton and whatever else I can find!

I also just want to take a sec to say thanks again to everyone for making the first three months of Sequential Crush so fun and rewarding. I am really enjoying blogging about the romance comics, and I hope you are enjoying reading about them! See you soon!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck at the Con, wish I was going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blogsite. I was a little girl pedaling my groovy banana seat bike with handlebar streamers every month to the local Woolworths to obtain the latest romance comics in the mid to late 60s. I literally had not thought of them since the 60s. A friend recently used a Roy Lichtenstein "pop art" poster for a party and it brought back those 60's memories. I googled and I found your totally groovy blog. I will look forward to more installments and your report from the convention. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Lyn! I wrote my Final last semester on Lichtenstein! This site is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat! I wish you were going too! It would be great to meet you at a show. Don't feel too bad... San Diego really is a media convention and the comics really have been pushed to the side unfortunately!

    Welcome Lyn! I was so excited to read about how you stumbled upon Sequential Crush!!! I love the picture you painted... how cool that must that have been to buy romance comics right off the shelf! If you have any more memories of reading romance comics when you were little, please share them!

    Thanks Sebastian! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comic Blog Elite