Monday, April 19, 2010

SpringCon Update + Fun Find

I reported here last week that Elizabeth Berube would be making an appearance at SpringCon in Minnesota the third weekend in May. Unfortunately, since I posted that announcement it has been brought to my attention by one of the convention organizers that she has had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. Lets hope that she will be able to make it next year!

***
Romance comics are truly a vast and deep treasure trove. I was reminded of that fact when the other day I was preparing the Palisades Amusement Park post and in the same issue (Girls' Romances #134) I stumbled upon this -- a little plug for the new mod Wonder Woman in the advice column, "Julia Roberts, Romance Counselor." Cool, huh?! Too bad I hadn't found this earlier. It would have been perfect for my PCA/ACA presentation! Better late than never, right?


I wonder if anyone did write in to Julia Roberts about the new Wonder Woman? Rest assured, the search continues!

5 comments:

  1. You must be disappointed about Liz Barube. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't going to go to the convention (same weekend as Motor City) but it is too bad for the con. Hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack Miller is editing the DC romance titles in 1968 and takes over as Wonder Woman editor with the July 1968 issue #177 (same month as Girls' Romances #134), so he's trying to cross-promote his line, not uncommon for DC editors in the 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Taurus Woman~! No wonder you operate a highly stimulating Romance Blog~ your birth sign is ruled by the Planet Venus, and the Goddess of Love~! (until the rogue planet Pan-Horus is rediscovered) ;~j

    ReplyDelete
  5. UluVakk: Very smart I would say! Thanks for stopping by!

    Lysdexicuss: Thank you thank you thank you! I apparently also have a temper according to the Taurus Woman horoscope from Young Love! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comic Blog Elite